• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

just joined :)

chris_giant

hi all just joined the site in the hope i can share some of my knowledge and use some of urs :)

i have been working for my current company for 7 years now and am responsible for running 5 mimaki JV3 machines of various sizes to produce banners and signage which we sell online.

i have been experiencing a few problems latley with a couple of our JV3 machines 2 of them on shiraz signature appear to randomly loose connection to the pc via the firewire seem to get a lot of "cannot find mimaki status device" errors have tried changing firewire cables to no avail and have even replaced the firewire card in the jv3 but seems to be present still only solution is to change the pc firewire card? but seems to happen on a different pc when we change it over?

another problem i am experiencing is while printing our JV3 2500 seems to change pass rate or quality? set to 8pass unidirectional which starts ok then seems to go down to 4 pass then 2 pass and experiencing the colour getting lighter as well?

any information or help would be much appreciated
:)

chris_giant

thanks for the welcome 401graphics not sure if this will work but heres a link to a pic of the problem :)

as u can see the band thickness changes as though the pass rate had changed?

Attachments

• 2013-01-24105825_zps39126619.jpg
    2013-01-24105825_zps39126619.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Welcome to the forum.
I don't run a JV3 but looking at the photo I would check the rotatory encoder wheel & sensor, looks like a stepping problem with the media feed.
Might just need to be cleaned.

wayne k
guam usa

chris_giant

thanks for that i will look into it strangely have switched it to bi-directional and appears to be a lot better not sure where the encoder wheel is? have cleaned the encoder strip thoroughly so will see what happens :) cheers for the reply much appreciated

genericname

Hey there.

Had both of these problems happen to our JV3s. Can't remember what I did to resolve the weird pass number thing, though I seem to recall it being a data issue of some kind. I'll get back to you on that.

As far as the disconnection errors go, do your RIP stations have separate firewire cards for each printer? What version of the driver are you using?

chris_giant

hi

thanks for all the warm welcomes everybody :)

i am running windows 7 and each mimaki has its own pc connected via firewire cable and am running v3.00 of the mimaki jv3 driver :) the strange printing pass rates seem to have stopped by switching it to bi-directional print and 8-pass quality but keep getting "cann not find mimaki status device" errors im guessing its just because the firewire system is unstable hence why the later mimaki's are usb :(