• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just not there yet......

Pala-gurl

Well I have suceeded in being able to print out designs made on my program the only thing is: no matter how i adjust the needle it only "scratches" the surface and doesnt cut the vinyll actually... however when the needle is moving it scratches when it goes from letter to letter and i get lines where i dont want them, and my cutter is VERY unpredictable, it prints in one spot one time so i position the vinyl to that spot to find out the next time i print the needle is in a completely different spot WHATS GOING ON???? im not sure how to fix this can someone help me?
.......pretty please...?
progress.gif

wildside

by needle i hope you mean blade...

what kind of plotter is it? what software is it?

just sounds to me like the force is set all wrong

weaselboogie

Needle? Why, its the new embroidered vinyl... All the rage in the UK

It doesn't sould like its working at all. doesn't cut deep enough and doesn't have enough clearance when it moves. Almost sounds like the blade pivot holder isn't even tightened down. there's a brass set screw on roland cutters that holds it in place. not tight or not there at all?

mediaman

What cutter, etc.? Sounds like it could be too much blade showing. Remember you are only cutting through a few mils (thousands) of material so only part of the blade tip should be showing. Call your dealer and they should have you cutting perfectly in a few minutes. Good luck and keep us posted (pardon the pun) on your progress.

Pala-gurl

Nope one machine cutter/plotter and you were right the "blade" sorry not a needle lol my bad im new at this, but it was the press part that was wrong and its a creation machine so ya hope that answers all and thanks for getting back to me

Sign Prophet

Good luck to you. I would not want to be in the position you are in. I mean starting a new business with an inferior machine and knowing nothing about the biz. You will get the hang of it, But it will be a long road. Once you get the downforce and speed set right, You should be in business. Remember different materials sometimes require different downforce pressures and different blades to cut properly. Again, goodluck to you.