Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review Just please remember...........................

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Gino, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Memorial Banner Final small.jpg

Tags:
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Asuma01

Asuma01 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bend, OR
    Half a million people are displaced in my state.
    I cant find it in me to care about 9/11 today.

• Like Like x 3
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DPD

DPD Member

Apr 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    I was sitting at my desk when I got a call telling me that a plane went into the WTC. I didn't believe it. I turned on my TV to see a second plane and then realized this was no accident. I was watching people jump from a 100 story building to save their lives. Then came the collapse of the buildings. Its a scene I'll never forget. I worked right across the street from those buildings and know someone that never returned home that day.
    Then I hear a third plane is heading into the white house and wondered how someone could hate america so much to kill so many innocent people. If not for the passengers volunteering to take that plane down somewhere in PA the white house would be no more not to mention the lives of those walking in the streets.
    Brings tears to my eyes. I guess you had to be there.

Generations have passed and one day this will be a distant memory.

4. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    And now, we have people that are born here that are going around chanting "Death to America".

It will take less time then you think. In fact, some people are getting vilified for actually even doing what Gino did in some places. Things like that have already been accepted culturally now.

I'll never forget, I was in an Ag class, had a final exam that was on Dec. 7. There was a bonus question that was "what happened on this day xx years ago?". I was the only one that got it. Now, to be fair, it was an Ag class and not many were history minors, nor were they probably OTR obsessed collectors that actually have complete broadcast days of that event that they listen to on Dec 7 every year, but so much for "a date which will live in infamy".

5. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I'll be the one to say it . This is an unbelievable comment ! I will NEVER let down my guard .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  6. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Huh? Do you have any idea what they were referring to? You go ahead and keep your guard up, maybe in 20 years the fires will reach Wisconsin but at least you will be ready.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    It's possible to remember and care about more than one thing at once. Covid, overdoses, fires... 2020 is a terrible year with a lot happening. But it doesn't make what happened on 9/11 any less important.

9/11 didn't even affect Canada at all and we still feel it every year.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  8. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Unfortunately, at times, there is nothing shorter than the human memory. :rolleyes: SAD state of affairs indeed!
    Do you remember where you were and what you were doing?
    I was sitting on my couch with my first cup of coffee for the morning, reading the daily paper in my underwear while my wife and family peacefully slept. I was thinking about my upcoming hunting trips, the days work load and scanning the early news on the television. NEWS FLASH! : Plane crashes into the WTC! WTF!
    I was glued...saw replays of first plane into tower one... witnessed live via news the second plane into tower two... We as a nation were under attack! Hunting trips no longer mattered. Work schedule changed... God, Family and country first!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    When I think of Dec. 7th or Sept 11th , It is not ' Gee a bunch of people died on that date" . I think who died , how did they die , who killed them . This is important even today. Something that younger generations must be aware of.

10. Lotta

Lotta New Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Germany
    I was just sittin finishing, after a year of work, a 12.000 piece Jigsaw-Puzzle with the Skyline of NY when it happened. 3 Meters wide and just 80 somethin pieces left over. o_O
    I will never ever forget this day. I was home sick, left a few jears befor that NY where i used to live and i was shoked seeing these Pictures on TV.
    This Day changed the world and defenetly not to the good

• Like Like x 1
  11. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I remember everyone having US flags on every car and house for a while after that. Everyone had unified pride for their country.

12. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    My anniversary is 9.10.11. I did this so I'd never forget... to buy something nice for the wife.

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    My 1st daughter was born 12/6/12 at 6:12. I forget pretty much every other date

• Like Like x 1