• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just popped in

Larry G

New to this site but been cutting & designing for a while. I have a small family construction co. in central WI. Slow in the winter so I also had a partnership vinyl shop with a another relative at my location. A few years ago the partnership split up due to the fact that when I came home everything was gone. Didn't need an anvil dropping on my head to let me know my partner was trying to tell me something. :rolleyes: Well "anywho" after a few years some old customers started calling asking if I would get back into cutting since I had all their logos, that I designed still in my computer and my ex partner was to stupid to know how to re-create them. I should point out that I did the design and cut work and he did the application. Thats why their vinyl is falling off and I still have the saved clipart. His idea was to put on the cheap stuff and they will call back sooner. Mine was do the job right and they will tell their friends. So I found an old copy of LXI's 6.6 Master plus but still need a gooooood used cutter. Learned on a Panther,:Oops: there goes that animal word again. but leaning toward an Ioline Is60 or classic. Keep up the good site. Ta-Ta for now--Larry

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to :signs101: .

You'll really like it here. Perhaps your ex-partner is here too. Be careful.

Again, welcome from PA.

Larry G

Thanks for the offer. I am looking at an IS/60 and a FC5100 but if neither of those work out I'll keep you in mind--Thanks

welcome....well at least this time you know what to do and what not to do.

Buy the best quality equipment you can afford.
Use the appropriate materials for the job at hand.
And if you have a partner....make sure your a$$ is protected.

Ken

Welcome to Signs 101.
Why are you stuck on the Ioline machine?
Choose a machine that has a good service rep nearby.
Ken

Larry G

I guess I am not so much hooked on the Ioline Ken. Just looking for the most machine for the least money, (no chinese, no stepper drives). Glad I found the software before buying a cutter so I can sift through the bundle packages. One thing I liked about the panther is 3 pinch rollers on a 24" cutter, but by the time I will need to update they will be worthless. Maybe the late model Graphtec 5100 with the optical sensor would be the right move.------- Larry

ChiknNutz

WELCOME ABOARD!

I'd look at the hi-end Graphtec's (FC7000-series) or the Summas. I have a Summa D60 that's been great, but also wish it had OPOS. My 540V has the optical, but would be nice for a 2nd unit in certian occasions.

Larry G

Yup, no doubt Cat Herder. The 7000 would be the boss cutter to have, but unfortunately after buying the software I only have about $1800.00 I want to part with right now as my construction really slows down here this time of year. Also need to get a very basic vinyl supply for some quick cuts. I believe some of the later FC 5100's had opos didn't they?