Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just popped in

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Larry G, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Larry G

Larry G New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    New to this site but been cutting & designing for a while. I have a small family construction co. in central WI. Slow in the winter so I also had a partnership vinyl shop with a another relative at my location. A few years ago the partnership split up due to the fact that when I came home everything was gone. Didn't need an anvil dropping on my head to let me know my partner was trying to tell me something. :rolleyes: Well "anywho" after a few years some old customers started calling asking if I would get back into cutting since I had all their logos, that I designed still in my computer and my ex partner was to stupid to know how to re-create them. I should point out that I did the design and cut work and he did the application. Thats why their vinyl is falling off and I still have the saved clipart. His idea was to put on the cheap stuff and they will call back sooner. Mine was do the job right and they will tell their friends. So I found an old copy of LXI's 6.6 Master plus but still need a gooooood used cutter. Learned on a Panther,:Oops: there goes that animal word again. but leaning toward an Ioline Is60 or classic. Keep up the good site. Ta-Ta for now--Larry

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome to :signs101: .

You'll really like it here. Perhaps your ex-partner is here too. Be careful.

Again, welcome from PA.

3. gvgraphics

gvgraphics Very Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I have a VE Bobcat 24" for sale.

4. Larry G

Larry G New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Thanks for the offer. I am looking at an IS/60 and a FC5100 but if neither of those work out I'll keep you in mind--Thanks

5. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Welcome back to our world!

6. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    welcome....well at least this time you know what to do and what not to do.

Buy the best quality equipment you can afford.
    Use the appropriate materials for the job at hand.
    And if you have a partner....make sure your a$$ is protected.

7. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Welcome to Signs 101.
    Why are you stuck on the Ioline machine?
    Choose a machine that has a good service rep nearby.
    Ken

8. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Welcome Aboard!

9. Larry G

Larry G New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I guess I am not so much hooked on the Ioline Ken. Just looking for the most machine for the least money, (no chinese, no stepper drives). Glad I found the software before buying a cutter so I can sift through the bundle packages. One thing I liked about the panther is 3 pinch rollers on a 24" cutter, but by the time I will need to update they will be worthless. Maybe the late model Graphtec 5100 with the optical sensor would be the right move.------- Larry

10. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    welcome!

11. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Welcome to the group.

12. MAB SIGNS

MAB SIGNS Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2003
    Graphtec is a good choice, welcome to the group.

13. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome

14. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Howdee from VA..........

15. VinylCraft

VinylCraft Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Welcome Larry. From next door.

16. Heinzen Sign

Heinzen Sign Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Welcome from Marshfield Wisconsin!!!!

Welcome Larry, from 60 miles north of you!

17. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    WELCOME ABOARD!

I'd look at the hi-end Graphtec's (FC7000-series) or the Summas. I have a Summa D60 that's been great, but also wish it had OPOS. My 540V has the optical, but would be nice for a 2nd unit in certian occasions.

18. Larry G

Larry G New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Yup, no doubt Cat Herder. The 7000 would be the boss cutter to have, but unfortunately after buying the software I only have about $1800.00 I want to part with right now as my construction really slows down here this time of year. Also need to get a very basic vinyl supply for some quick cuts. I believe some of the later FC 5100's had opos didn't they?