• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just purchased a barely used Roland SP-300v

Leeya Lorea

Just purchased my SP-300v at a ridiculously good deal. The previous owner was a huge manufacturing company that bought it only used it a couple of times but the catch is it’s been sitting for an unknown amount of time. The company went under and they just wanted everything out. So I got a good deal. I’m hoping the machine still works good I mean it was only used to print a couple things. I noticed there is a bit of dried ink in the tubes and am curious if there is a way to manually clean the tubes I or do I need to use four cleaning cartridges?

The ink delivery system can be cleared relatively easily by flushing cleaning fluid through the lines.

If the printer was not flushed before it was shut down, the major concern will be related to printhead/ nozzle performance. Because the SP series only have two DX4 printheads, there are relatively few nozzles available to jet ink (only 180 nozzles per ink color/ channel). Even a few blocked or deflected nozzles are significant enough to cause visible banding and image quality defects that will be noticeable in solid area fills.

Good luck!

geckophoto

I found a used one too, put in two new heads, dampers, wiper, spit sponge, encoder strip, cutter blade and encoder reader electronic module/part. New oem inks, a few hours reading the service manual how to install it all myself and it works just fine. My $400 machine was worth the $1700 in parts, good luck!

Leeya Lorea

The ink delivery system can be cleared relatively easily by flushing cleaning fluid through the lines.

If the printer was not flushed before it was shut down, the major concern will be related to printhead/ nozzle performance. Because the SP series only have two DX4 printheads, there are relatively few nozzles available to jet ink (only 180 nozzles per ink color/ channel). Even a few blocked or deflected nozzles are significant enough to cause visible banding and image quality defects that will be noticeable in solid area fills.

Good luck!

Hello thank you so much for the tip. How would you recomend getting to the lines to flush them? I cant seem to find much online.

John.

Hello thank you so much for the tip. How would you recomend getting to the lines to flush them? I cant seem to find much online.

I'd remove rear cover on the ink cart side, disconnect the lines from all inputs/outputs then do the same again on other side of machine, then push cleaning fluid through them gently with a syringe.

I personally wouldn't power the machine on until it has had a full service and solid cleaning. I'd also remove the heads and soak them a few times with new solution then try to VERY gently push cleaning fluid through them with a syringe or send them somewhere that can do this and recover them before powering them on as you've got more of a chance they'll work this way.