Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help New Guy Just purchased a barely used Roland SP-300v

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Leeya Lorea, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Leeya Lorea

Leeya Lorea New Member

Aug 14, 2020
    San Antonio
    Just purchased my SP-300v at a ridiculously good deal. The previous owner was a huge manufacturing company that bought it only used it a couple of times but the catch is it’s been sitting for an unknown amount of time. The company went under and they just wanted everything out. So I got a good deal. I’m hoping the machine still works good I mean it was only used to print a couple things. I noticed there is a bit of dried ink in the tubes and am curious if there is a way to manually clean the tubes I or do I need to use four cleaning cartridges?

2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    The ink delivery system can be cleared relatively easily by flushing cleaning fluid through the lines.

If the printer was not flushed before it was shut down, the major concern will be related to printhead/ nozzle performance. Because the SP series only have two DX4 printheads, there are relatively few nozzles available to jet ink (only 180 nozzles per ink color/ channel). Even a few blocked or deflected nozzles are significant enough to cause visible banding and image quality defects that will be noticeable in solid area fills.

Good luck!

3. geckophoto

geckophoto Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Ft. Myers
    I found a used one too, put in two new heads, dampers, wiper, spit sponge, encoder strip, cutter blade and encoder reader electronic module/part. New oem inks, a few hours reading the service manual how to install it all myself and it works just fine. My $400 machine was worth the $1700 in parts, good luck!

4. Leeya Lorea

Leeya Lorea New Member

Aug 14, 2020
    San Antonio
    Hello thank you so much for the tip. How would you recomend getting to the lines to flush them? I cant seem to find much online.

5. John.

John. Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'd remove rear cover on the ink cart side, disconnect the lines from all inputs/outputs then do the same again on other side of machine, then push cleaning fluid through them gently with a syringe.

I personally wouldn't power the machine on until it has had a full service and solid cleaning. I'd also remove the heads and soak them a few times with new solution then try to VERY gently push cleaning fluid through them with a syringe or send them somewhere that can do this and recover them before powering them on as you've got more of a chance they'll work this way.