Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just updated cpu to Windows 7, now I can not cut on the sp-540

Discussion in 'Roland' started by num1ape, Nov 17, 2009.

1. num1ape

num1ape New Member

Sep 16, 2009
    My old computer crashed, so I bought a new one with windows 7. I then had to update versaworks to 3.2.1. I copied the new cut contour swatch to AI. It shows up in AI as a cut contour but when I open up the file in Versaworks it does not recognize the cut path and just prints the file. Any ideas on what I did wrong. Thanks in advance for the help. Tech support is closed now and I really need to get this project done tonight.

Mark

Tags:
  2. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm not familiar with Versaworks but I am running windows7 x64 without issue.

Is Versaworks opening the AI file or an exported EPS or PDF? You might try saving the AI file AS an older version and try again. I don't see how Win7 is the issue but maybe Versaworks is pulling some tidbit of file info or reading the file slightly differently in Win7 than XP. Trying to import it as a different format may bypass that issue.

3. num1ape

num1ape New Member

Sep 16, 2009
    I will give it a try!

Mark

4. sweetpea35

sweetpea35 Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Its case sensitive try CutContour as the color name had this problem before.

5. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    As stated already . . . CutContour for the name and EPS for the file to send !