• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just upgraded Omega 4, questions

mclarengtrf1

1. Can I copy the colour palette from the Old Computer to this New Computer and Software as I Don't think the Colour Palette that I was using being before is in the new software and I am wondering if that is causing some of the Sign Colouring issues?

2. If I cut a word CHRIS and while weeding around it I tore the letter 'R'. I would then just copy the name on the current work sheet and then just go to UNGROUP and simply select the letter 'W' to cut. But with this new software it does not allow me to separate just one letter. YET.

3. Sign Colouring issues - when I import a WARNING sign such as a WA-3 (L) Curve sign. It is suppose to have a .25" inset of Yellow showing then a .5" Black Border then Yellow showing then the Black arrow showing. Instead all I get when pressing F8 for colour is the .25" inset of Yellow then ALL Black. And then if I start playing around with the Combine ON and OFF I get a .25" inset of BLACK showing then a .5" WHITE Border then BLACK showing then a WHITE arrow. I NEVER HAD TO PLAY AROUND with the Combine ON and OFF before in the old software. This is why I asked question #1, as I wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tony Teveris

1) what is the palette your talking about (file name). If its a *.pal file that you create (a user palette) then yes you can copy it to the palettes folder.

Under the Start menu select "Gerber Omega x.x" then "Gerber Folder Locations" then "Palettes" a Windows Explorer will start where the palettes folder exist. Thats where you *.pal file should go.

If it's not a *.pal file then you will have to give me a better clue.

As for #2, if it is true text just not shapes you will have to convert the text to Objects under the Edit menu, ungroup and select the shape(s) you want.