Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Just wondering..........................

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Gino, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    When some of you post up...... looking for a particular font and someone identifies it..... do any of you actually buy these ugly a$$ fonts ?? In all honesty, about 98% of the fonts in question, they are horrible, hard to read and look ridiculous. So, do you waste the money buying it, or try to talk the customer into something better ?? Haa..... or just charge the customer for their stupidness ??

Just wondering, because most of them are coyote ugly.:popcorn:

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ProCraftSigns

ProCraftSigns Operations Manager - Lifelong Sign Guy

If I plan on - or have the option to - switch the font I don't ask in the forums.
    In the cases where I don't have the font but do need to use it, I'll end up purchasing the font in question if I cannot find it available for free.

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Now that you mention it. If the client insists I do their bidding. Funny how eating three meals a day, having clothes on my back and roof over my head affects those decisions.;)

4. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Gino, you need to wonder about something else, OAC says we only have 12 years left due to global warming or if we are going to buy Greenland.

5. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    very common for corporations to supply the font or pay for a particular font if it's what they want. We just add the cost into their quote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Well, I've already thought about the purchase of Greenland and it's a very good and sound idea. Truman wanted to buy it back after WWII and Peary long before him, not to mention back around the Civil War it was attempted to buy the place. It only makes good sense for the US to have it.

As for OAC...... that is just silliness talking. Without going political, does she mean it's gonna end for the entire world or just little pockets here and there, if her thinking is even close to realistic ?? What is the end of the world for one person is not necessarily the end for someone else, unless you live next door. How many times has the end of the world been predicted, before ?? Many many times and here we still are. Nope, her nonsense means nothing to me. Like a gnat.

7. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Being August in Texas... I am all for the purchase of Greenland. Then hopefully we'll see some $99 one-way Southwest flights from Dallas to Thule for summertime relief!

• Like Like x 2