• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

justifying text in illy

crny1

Looking for help with lining up text in illustrator. I know I can change all the text to outlines and line it up easier that way but I was hoping for a easier way. I am doing some stat boards for a wrestling team and each line across the board is a year, name, weight and place they finished. I put the complete line of text in as one. Because each kids name has different amounts of letters in them it makes it impossible to line up the names perfect going down and then all the other info. I have a feeling that this explanation is terrible for what I am trying to get across. Attached is a example and as you can see each line is together as one line of text. Also trying to figure out the best way to space each line going down for equal gaps between them. (I have exaggerated some of the lines for easier understanding of what I mean by not lining up) Is there a wasy way to accomplish this or am I building them the hard way?
Thanks in advance.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Asset 1.jpg
    Asset 1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 202

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I typically would just do each item separately, not all one line.... i.e., the date as one object, the name as one object, and then the number. Then you can grab columns of names and align them left justified.