• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV-33 Cyan Banding

darkorical

when we do a test print all colors print just fine but when we print we get banding in the cyan as seen below any suggestions
Note each one of the pen marks on the left are 1 inch apart. the attachment is smaller

banding.jpg

Attachments

• banding2.jpg
    banding2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:

darkorical

here is the test draw

testdraw.jpg

and here is a function ->test cyan @100%

cyan100.jpg

I am about to re-check but I was told the feed comp was fine on all other colors

Last edited by a moderator:

darkorical

the test was done in uni 5 pass the original was bi 12 pass and it really fluctuates how bad the banding is from one end to the other of a long job I just did a test with the other colors and the Feed comp seems fine on them.

Dice

It's possible you have nozzle deflection. Ink comes out but not at the correct angle, causing banding. Some of the more advanced printers can adjust for this, but on the JV33 the only way to fix this would be to replace the print head completely.

darkorical

we have tried several profiles different number of passes even changing saturation of the print and we still get the same banding in the cyan only.
Adjusting the feed compensation doesn't seem to make any difference with it except for making other colors worse.