• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV-33 USB issue

k.a.s.

I have a JV-33 that I have a connectivity issue, where all of the sudden the computer can't see the printer. I have eliminated the computer ports and the USB cable as an issue, so now I think I am to the main plug on the mother board.

Anyone have this happen? Is there any way to fix other than a new main board?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Kev41

Had a fellow sign maker here in the UK who had a JV33 that kept dropping its connection, it was recommended that he install the latest Rasterlink updates. He did this andthe problem went away may be worth a try if you haven't tried this already

Kev

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Also try re-installing the Mimaki USB driver. It has worked for me in the past. Does the computer recognize the printer by making a sound or a pop-up in the lower left corner when you plug the USB in?

k.a.s.

Also try re-installing the Mimaki USB driver. It has worked for me in the past. Does the computer recognize the printer by making a sound or a pop-up in the lower left corner when you plug the USB in?

No it doesn't make that tone at all. It seems that I may have a USB issue in the board, A new board may be in order, not sure what happened maybe a power surge or something.

Kevin

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It does sound like the board is broken. Take the cover off and make sure that the USB connection on the board is still solidly soldered on the board. It may be as simple as re soldering it. It could also be a deeper electrical issue with the board. You can pay to have it diagnosed and fixed by an electrical engineer of some sort. Someone on here might know someone who can do it. Otherwise I can get you a quote on the board. Just PM me if you are interested.