• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV-4 Several problems

darkorical

so Im working with a JV-4 that is several years old and right now Im facing so many issues I don't even know where to start. we are only running 4 heads.

Current issues
Issue 1. Every time I power it on it says Battery Exchange even tho I have a brand new battery in it ( a multi-meter says its good)

Issue 2. I turn on the machine and tell it to do a test print it prints the test pattern then fails to print the rsub and fsub line and from then on until it is restarted it will not print anything. tho the truck will move back and forth as tho it was printing.

Issue 2A. While running the test pattern 3 of the 4 heads fire but the fourth does nothing.

Issue 3 (prior to 1 and 2) print was banding and looked like nedia comp issue so we adjusted and then were getting white space between passes it appeared as tho each pass laid down in a gradient

in the beginning all heads were firing. but one had magenta coming out of the yellow side.

We attempted to replace the 4th head and with the machine off and unplugged there was a small spark while plugging the cable into the new head. We continued with the replacement and thats when we had the no print from the 4th head issue.

We switched to a different head (old and used that had been cleaned using an ultra sonic cleaner) and had the same issue

It was at this time that it began printing just the pattern from test prints then nothing more.

We then switched the slider board and got no print at all.

We switched to a different slider board from another machine that we knew to function. and still get the same issue.