• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV150-130 Banding and overspray mid print

debeer920

Good evening everyone i need a little help with my machine. I have had the machine since which is going on a year. I have never had an issue with the machine until now. It has preformed flawlessly since I have owned it. Great print quality, speed, and color! However, about a week ago I've been having issues with banding and overspray. The print will start out perfect and then about a foot into it the banding begins. It starts of very gradual and then becomes extremely noticeable by the 4th foot. If you look closely at the edges of the print you will also see overspay. I have done a test print right before I begin to print and it is perfect. No deflection or misses, but if I stop it mid print (when the banding begins) I will have drop out. I have also noticed that it occurs prominently on prints that are mainly a solid color. For example, I was printing a black and white image that had a heavy black boarder around it and when I stopped it and did a test print the black seemed to be the only color missing. I did the same with a print that was mainly blue and the Cyan was the only color to drop out. After that happens I run a cleaning and all the nozzles come right back. I have tried different profile settings and have checked the COMP FEED. and neither have worked. I have been running factory ss21 ink since day one. Hoping someone may have some in site on where to go from here.

Attachments

• Photo Dec 17, 7 14 23 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 17, 7 14 23 PM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 477
  • Photo Dec 17, 7 04 29 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 17, 7 04 29 PM.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 521
  • Photo Dec 17, 5 40 16 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 17, 5 40 16 PM.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 422

Hamster

a few reasons:
1. blockage in damper. (need replace)
2. blockage in manifold jn head. (cleaning or replace)
3. the valve badly opens.

rhyser58

Good evening everyone i need a little help with my machine. I have had the machine since which is going on a year. I have never had an issue with the machine until now. It has preformed flawlessly since I have owned it. Great print quality, speed, and color! However, about a week ago I've been having issues with banding and overspray. The print will start out perfect and then about a foot into it the banding begins. It starts of very gradual and then becomes extremely noticeable by the 4th foot. If you look closely at the edges of the print you will also see overspay. I have done a test print right before I begin to print and it is perfect. No deflection or misses, but if I stop it mid print (when the banding begins) I will have drop out. I have also noticed that it occurs prominently on prints that are mainly a solid color. For example, I was printing a black and white image that had a heavy black boarder around it and when I stopped it and did a test print the black seemed to be the only color missing. I did the same with a print that was mainly blue and the Cyan was the only color to drop out. After that happens I run a cleaning and all the nozzles come right back. I have tried different profile settings and have checked the COMP FEED. and neither have worked. I have been running factory ss21 ink since day one. Hoping someone may have some in site on where to go from here.

Having the same issue did you every get a resolution ?