• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion JV150-130 Ink Options

oldanvil

I just purchased a used JV150-130 and will need to buy ink for it very soon.

The original owner used Mimaki OEM inks and I may continue to do so but the savings for 8 cartridges of ink is too much to not consider.

Are there any third party inks that you would recommend? I've read good reviews for Jetbest and it would be nearly half price vs OEM.

Any opinions?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’m in the UK so my suppliers are all probably rebranded.

What I can say is I’d only recommend third party inks if you’re going to be busy enough to warrant the savings.

When we switched our mimaki to third party our OEM supplier gave us all the “it’ll melt your print head” nonsense. When we worked it out, we were running enough ink to melt/replace a head every 3-4 weeks and still save money vs buying OEM inks. (Never happened, but was worth the gamble).

If you’re just going to be running it for an hour a day or so, it may be worth staying on OEM for peace of mind. Assuming it’s not under warranty etc any more as third party will void that.

premiercolour

Merchant Member

The original owner used Mimaki OEM inks and I may continue to do so but the savings for 8 cartridges of ink is too much to not consider.

Are there any third party inks that you would recommend? I've read good reviews for Jetbest and it would be nearly half price vs OEM.

Any opinions?

We are a merchant here. We have both original SS21 ink cartridges from Mimaki as an authorized dealer from S. California and compatible ink cartridges from Jetbest made in Taiwan. Both are great products. Feel free to reach out for more information.

Original ink:
https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...oducts/ss21-440ml-mimaki-solvent-ink-spc-0501

Jetbest Ink:
https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...-cjv30-jv33-jv150-jv300-cjv150-cjv300-printer

gabagoo

I have the same printer and once the OEM ran out I switched over to Jet Best. I used them in my old Mimaki and found them superior to the OEM as far as durability. They stink a little more than OEM but I have exhaust fans so no worries. They are plug and play as far as not having to blow the lines so even if you can't get them for Covid reasons you can go back to OEM with absolutley no inconvenience other than the 2.5 times price tag...lol

lvy

Any opinions?

We have very good experience with InkTec EcoNova MAPLE inks, order codes begin with EEC. Can be mixed with Mimaki inks and colors are compatible also. So just plug and play. We use bottle version with CISS.

oldanvil

We are a merchant here. We have both original SS21 ink cartridges from Mimaki as an authorized dealer from S. California and compatible ink cartridges from Jetbest made in Taiwan. Both are great products. Feel free to reach out for more information.

Jetbest Ink:
https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...-cjv30-jv33-jv150-jv300-cjv150-cjv300-printer

Can the Jetbest Ink and the OEM Ink be mixed? The printer holds 8 cartridges for 4 colors and currently one cartridge each of CMYK is empty and 3 colors CYK is still around 80% full but both of the Magenta cartridges are empty.

Would I have a problem if I replaced all of the empties with Jetbest while still using the 80% that is left in the Mamaki cartridges?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Can the Jetbest Ink and the OEM Ink be mixed? The printer holds 8 cartridges for 4 colors and currently one cartridge each of CMYK is empty and 3 colors CYK is still around 80% full but both of the Magenta cartridges are empty.

Would I have a problem if I replaced all of the empties with Jetbest while still using the 80% that is left in the Mamaki cartridges?

Yes you can mix print with OEM ink. I would just do all at once to save time. Feel free to PM for more information. We have a technician who resell our Jetbest ink in the east coast.

Ryan J. Gill

Any opinions?

we have one 150-130 that is out of warrantee, and we use Nazdar ink with it -
https://www.nazdar.com/en-us/P/4328/130-Series-Digital-Ink

honestly I have not seen a difference between the 130 and the ss21 from mimaki -
there are times when I actually have better luck with it vs my machine running ss21

the only thing we haven't done with it is have it UL tested, but im guessing it would hold up just fine

PJ758

Having and issue since i switched jetbest refill cat ridges, on a highspeed print results aren't the best only on normal speed, with any ideas. Like it's laying down way more ink than the usual regular cartridges (need some help) tried manual cleans ... head fires properly

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-01 at 1.05.09 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-01 at 1.05.09 PM.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 107