• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV150 Won't Custody Wash

Brands Imaging

So I recently sold my JV150 and I put in all the solvent wash cartridges (aftermarket and compatible) and I hit Custody Wash and it won't allow me to select the wash. I can do display wash and everything else but not Custody Wash. It's not greyed out or anything, it just won't allow it.

I'm using 20/20 washing carts and my machine is compatible with them because I have used them in the past (as ink) with this machine. Any thoughts?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need to go into the service menu and run the head wash function. It will tell you to remove the cartridges and then will pump all of the ink out. Then it will ask you to insert the wash cartridges and it will wash the tubes out. Mimaki recommends repeating the wash twice. The final step empties out the cleaning solution and then you are done.

Brands Imaging

I have no idea how to access the service menu - there is not active button for this so what trick to I need to know to place it into service mode?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have no idea how to access the service menu - there is not active button for this so what trick to I need to know to place it into service mode?

Hold function 1 and function 3 while powering on. The go into the main menu and scroll down until you see "[HASHTAG]#Adjust[/HASHTAG]". The head wash function is in that menu.