• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-130 SP II winder engine issues

FelixCG

Basically, the engine for the winder at the bottom of the printer that rolls up the print has been giving us issues.
It has done this before, but not as intensely. What it would do basically would be just get stuck and the whole machine would start to vibrate from it.
That time I opened the cover up and found the two sprockets were rather gunked up, I simply cleaned them and I have not at the issue since.
This time it is giving quite similar issues, except the machine shakes a lot more and it is letting out an ungodly noise.
So seeing that the winder was not moving, I assumed it came from there again, I opened it up, cleaned the sprockets, and it continued shaking and letting out this low pitch screech. Eventually I figured out how to adjust the tension for it by adjusting the "torque limiter", as our manual calls it, and that did change a lot.
Basically, since we've gotten the machine (years and years before I was hired), it's always been at the maximum tension, and we've never had this issue, but now the more I lower the tension, the less the machine shakes and makes the low pitch screech. At it's very minimum tension, it barely shakes the machine and just lets out a little low pitch squeal at best, however, it still won't stop until I bring the torque limiter all the way out, at which point it doesn't roll up the print anymore.
So my assumption is that the two parts that roll together there are gunked up and do not flow smoothly anymore, however I cannot get any further into the engine to try to clean it up or see if it's something else going on in there!
Here is an image of the parts I am talking about. The black part with the two yellow dashes and the white part are where all these noises and vibrations are coming from.
attachment.php

Sorry about the short story, any pointers or suggestions or anything really would be greatly helpful!

Attachments

• IMG_20150123_144041891.jpg
    IMG_20150123_144041891.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 141

AnimalG82

I was going to say I would sell you mine for cheap, we don't use ours. But we have 75 SP II and your take up reel appears to different from our mine.