• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-130SP II Ink screen cover problem

SignaramaFL

So I was cleaning my Mimaki yesterday, and pulled up all of the screens, so that I could get some minor ink build up off. Well I put all of them back on, and now my black one doesn't seat right. The one that was one there has lifted off and went missing, so I contacted my vendor and got another one... Well this one is giving me the same issues... any ideas as to why this is happening, or how to fix it... :frustrated:

WrapperX

These are the little aluminum screens in the capping station correct?

If it is - these screens have little plastic prongs inset in the caps that you can squeeze the screens into. It's a little tough but they go in.

SignaramaFL

yes thats the screen. And ah okay, are you talking about the one that are on the upper side and bottom side... doesn't seem like the screen would fit into those? and they are set up fairly high?

WrapperX

I've worked with the 160SP and so I would assume the capping is the same or at the least very simalar. If you look at the caps (with out the screens in) You can see just the tiniest of plastic edges that stick out. For the 160 you had to force the screens back in if you ever took them off. Its kind of a pain because the capping station keeps moving on you since its spring mounted. But it can be done.

SignaramaFL

ah okay perfect, ill have to pull it apart tomorrow, thanks so much!!! and ya I noticed it was a bit of a pain it get them back in because it kept wiggling, it being spring loaded explains that hehe.

MikePro

one of my best purchases for my mimaki ever... a $3 magnet on a stick. If its not screens, its screws and springs, that I keep dropping to the inners of the capping/wiper station.

My magnet actually pulls them out from behind/through the plastic housing!

SignaramaFL

Wrapperx, this fixed it!! thanks so much, and giving it that deep cleaning has helped my banding issue tremendously. And Mike, that is a really good idea, I think I might have to invest in one, I have lost a few screws myself that were tough to get back.