• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 130SPII ink drops off while printing???????

tooserious

Every once in a while my printer just started not printing when running across. It started a couple of weeks ago and would drop some of the color.
Tonight I was printing a banner and it printed the first one great but then 1/4 of the way into the second the print got washed out looking and then nothing? Test print looks good???Any suggestions? Thank you Tooserious

artbot

if it's a specific color, i'd do a damper swap to see if it's in the head/pump side or if it's on the supply side.

tooserious

I cleaned the encoder strip and blew air on the sensor.....seems to be working but who knows I am keeping my fingers crossed it is4' into an 8' banner

tooserious

DAMN it!!!!

It started messing up right after I said....hard to get a picture maybe just the red is dropping off but when I came in here last night the printer was going across printing nothing about halfway through

tooserious

IT totally stopped again ........no ink whatsoever...........wow???????

It was printing subdued colors and then nothing?????

Attachments

• canon2015 344.jpg
    canon2015 344.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 87
  • canon2015 345.jpg
    canon2015 345.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20150224_182518450.jpg
    IMG_20150224_182518450.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 77
Dropping all colors at once is almost certainly an Encoder problem - there's really no ink system or head data issue that could account for them all disappearing at the same time.

Check the cable from the Encoder Sensor and see it there's any damage to the wiring. We sell sensors for this machine if you want to do a swap out. Also check the HDC Cables (the big wide ones that tun from the slider board to the main board) for damage. There's a track on one of these cables that carries the encoder signals (though I can't tell you which cable exactly).

Have you tried running the Encoder Teat in the #Test menu to see if it passes or fails?