• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160-S - cyan head not printing

JTpro

I've noticed for awhile now with my printer that cyan head has had overspray. By lowering the head to thin and sending it out on normal speed instead of fast though ONYX I can keep this to a minimum. On banner however the thin setting isn't usable due to head strikes. Tonight while printing a banner due first thing in the morning the cyan portion of the head (shares with yellow) stopped firing! I literally had 18" to go on the banner and it stopped. I tried several cleanings, purge prints and even went as far as pulling the damper and manually pulling ink. The crazy thing is when I do the on board test print to fire all the heads the cyan head shows up! I would think that this wouldn't work if cyan doesn't print???

I wonder this:

Can I convert from 6 colors to 4? Since the black / magenta head and light cyan / light magenta head are firing just fine. Could I just loose LC & LM and run CMYK instead of CMYKlclm?

Is there a way to test and see if its just that head or if it is in fact something more than the head? i.e. electrical / circuit board? I thought perhaps I could swap the data lines into another head and move ink lines too?

For the banner due in the morning I was able to print what I needed and add the blue portion in cut vinyl, actually came out pretty neat.... but not something I want to do on a regular basis!!

Any insight would be much appreciated http://www.signs101.com/forums/images/smilies/thank you.gif

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
You should be able to select a profile that is only cmyk and print with that.
however you will need to move the dud head to the light cyan/magenta position and vice versa
I did this with a client the other day with photoprint5 and it worked a treat and he was very happy with the result.
I dont know enough about Onyx but surley it should be the same when picking the profile for the machine?:smile: