• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160 SP Ink Change

Gaktog

Does anyone have a guide to swap ink systems?

We have been running into color matching problems as well as chip reading errors using a third party ink system and are looking to swap inks. I'm looking for a guide to flush out the current ink system and installing the new ink system.

Thank You

WB

You can buy Solvent cartridges that you use to flush your lines out. I've only ever flushed line like that when I was storing a machine for long term. Any good 3rd party ink should be plug and play,, or should provide you with new profiles if you can't build your own.

MikePro

1. buy a full set of solvent cleaning cartridges along with your full set of ink cartridges
2. run a Head Wash (Function>Maintenance>Station>Head Wash)
3. insert the cleaning cartridges when the printer prompts you to, after it has drained the ink lines
4. insert the new ink cartridges when the printer prompts you to, after it has cycled cleaning solution/shaken the carriage vigorously/drained the cleaning solution
5. run the FillUpInk (Function>Maintenance>FillUpInk

and you're set!
and welcome to s101 :)

also noted, that, you're gonna get color issues not matter what inks you run. personally, I believe that 3rd party inks are dead-on color matches to OEM. if color issues are your main concern, it may be worth some tech time to pay someone to come out and get you setup right.

artbot

my favorite way to to make home brew cleaning solution (cheap and better). unhook your pumps, do the ink change at the firmware/menu (unavoidable). let the printer squawk and clack away, attempting to throw away hundreds of dollars of ink. when it's done, thank it for all it's hard work at the menu. then pull and push the solvent up and down the lines (load a syringe and blast backwards toward empty refillable carts). the fill carts with the new ink (or use pre-filled carts) and pull the ink to the carriage with they syringe (damper on). the problem with using the firmware is that if you have one line or cap that isn't pulling as hard it may cause you to go through the entire "fill" again. plus you are a better judge of how clean and filled your lines are, not some firmware preset. then just hook back the pump lines to the caps and your good to go.