• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160 SP Not Printing at all?

PMR

I am very inexperienced when it comes to this so please forgive my terminology.

The Carriage is moving back and forth as if it is printing, but nothing is touching the media so not printing anything at all.

I've tried cleaning and 2 x 99min nozzle washes, but still nothing.

To be honest I'm at a loss with this machine as I've also lost two programmes to print from the pc with, they just disappeared from the Digital Factory Print & Cut. And what should be blue is now purple.

I've bought a company as the previous owner has retired and I've spent so much already, there's no way I can afford an engineer.

Hope someone can help me?

gabagoo

Has the machine been sitting idle for a long time? was it plugged into the wall and running sleep cleanings? We need more info.

PMR

Has the machine been sitting idle for a long time? was it plugged into the wall and running sleep cleanings? We need more info.

Sitting idle over the weekend but thats normal. Yes to being plugged in, however, it does always says WIPER when I come in every morning and I press enter, then it resumes back to normal?

getcustomized

Cartridges have ink in them correct? If so then use a syringe to pull ink through the waste lines on the back side of printer, make sure machine is turned off and print carriage is all the way on the capping station. Also, push the carriage away from the capping station for a few seconds after each ink pull through to release the siphon that is created when sucking ink. after you have done all 4 waste lines, do a test print.

gabagoo

Sitting idle over the weekend but thats normal. Yes to being plugged in, however, it does always says WIPER when I come in every morning and I press enter, then it resumes back to normal?

I think that wiper message means that the wiper has become jammed during a sleep clean. The machine stays on until you press enter and not doing any cleanings I believe. You need to clean the wiper area real well...the tracks will be pretty gummed up with solvent . clean everything and run a 90 minute nozzle wash..... good luck

PMR

I think that wiper message means that the wiper has become jammed during a sleep clean. The machine stays on until you press enter and not doing any cleanings I believe. You need to clean the wiper area real well...the tracks will be pretty gummed up with solvent . clean everything and run a 90 minute nozzle wash..... good luck

Thank you so much all, I've managed to get it printing again after a few head soaks and some strong cleans to drag the ink through. I think it's definately the wiper thats stopping the sleep cleans. Does anyone have a good link for instructions (visable) on how to clean the wiper? I've no Idea :/

Also wondered if anyone could advise on the colour Blue printing as Purple?

I used to have 4 different Function settings to print on Digital Factory, but one night, they all disappeared, and now I've only got one setting left, which really isn't set to the correct colours.

gabagoo

Take the wiper out and clean it with the cleaning fluid and clean the holder real well. Get down into the rails and clean them...move the wiper holder manually forward to get all the gunk build up in there as well.... You should be doing this sort of maintenenace at least once a week to prevent this from happening and when the machine prompts you to change the wiper do it!!!.... There is also a sponge that sits underneath, where the wiper hides when not out and you can change it (cheap) or you can use cleaning fluid on a cloth to suck up some of the ink that builds up in there as well.

PMR

Take the wiper out and clean it with the cleaning fluid and clean the holder real well. Get down into the rails and clean them...move the wiper holder manually forward to get all the gunk build up in there as well.... You should be doing this sort of maintenenace at least once a week to prevent this from happening and when the machine prompts you to change the wiper do it!!!.... There is also a sponge that sits underneath, where the wiper hides when not out and you can change it (cheap) or you can use cleaning fluid on a cloth to suck up some of the ink that builds up in there as well.

Thank you, Is the Wiper the Rubber? I will make sure I do this every week.

gabagoo

Thank you, Is the Wiper the Rubber? I will make sure I do this every week.

Also do yourself a favor and buy 5 or 6 and have them ready to switch out as they only last 6 - 8 weeks before requiring changing...they are important in keeping your heads clean

just

wiper error JV3

Does that wiper message on printer's LCD look like this ERROR46 WIPER? Most likely it's dried ink on gears or/and wiper sensor. It's better to clean it before some PCB got burned out. You can run Nozzle Wash and just turn the side switch off. Resting on caps full of solvent heads can survive without sleep cleanings for weekend(or a week)

Brink

I have a cjv30-160 and mine is over a year old with the same wiper. I keep the wiper clean like thats my religion or something. I clean it every morning. Also, I clean it every time it gets used. I figure that it's wiping the head with that. It should not have dried ink or dust on it when it does so. Therefore, mine never gets ink all down beside it and all down into the holder. It's much easier to do that than it is to fork out $1500 - $2500 on head replacement.

http://isurf2.com/share/WiperDetail.jpg

Dizimoto

Couple of useful links...

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showt...s-in-one-place

https://www.uksignboards.com/topic56805.html

My JV3 is on full solvent and print darker blues very purply.... I usually boost up Cyan, and Reduce Magenta in the RIP to get the blues right. The Wiper assembly on mine was so manky it was pulling out the wiper when it met with (what was left of) the sponge.
I got new wipers/holders/sponges... removed the whole wiper assembly and a good clean.. all is well now

Good Luck

gabagoo

I have a cjv30-160 and mine is over a year old with the same wiper. I keep the wiper clean like thats my religion or something. I clean it every morning. Also, I clean it every time it gets used. I figure that it's wiping the head with that. It should not have dried ink or dust on it when it does so. Therefore, mine never gets ink all down beside it and all down into the holder. It's much easier to do that than it is to fork out $1500 - $2500 on head replacement.

http://isurf2.com/share/WiperDetail.jpg

I'm not sure about the wiper you use in your machine but I change mine pretty religiously as I can see that it slowly looks bowed and figure it is not squeegeeing the head properly...not sure how one would look after a year