• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 160 SPII Quality issues

WrapperX

You mentioned earlier that your carriage head lever is set to thick but the setting is set to thin - these should be the same. If the lever on the carriage is set to thick, type (x) should be set to thick. If lever is set to thin then type (x) should be thin. This may not fix the color banding but it will adjust alignment issues with each pass.

bmw_ante

You mentioned earlier that your carriage head lever is set to thick but the setting is set to thin - these should be the same. If the lever on the carriage is set to thick, type (x) should be set to thick. If lever is set to thin then type (x) should be thin. This may not fix the color banding but it will adjust alignment issues with each pass.

I Have fixed this, but still its print almost everything like s*it :S

Did a testprint of a black box and it got horrible on bidirectional, on Uni it got better but still very bad quality... Remember its the same with most of the other colors to

ColesCreations

First thing-
Get it to print correct unidirectional- the prints will be better, and it's not much slower either, as it pauses when printing bi.

Too high temp could cause these banding issues.

How do your test prints look? (test-enter)?

The media comp is not causing this banding. It's not pretty, but as long as the test prints look ok, I would not replace the head.

signswi

First off, replace your dampers if they're old. They're $8-20 parts (USD) so there's no reason to cheap out.

Second, try a really long period custody wash, say 99 minutes, to try to loosen up any clogged nozzles in your black head. That head looks terrible.

Third, calibrate the machine, and then recalibrate on a regular basis. I do both a print.adjust and a bi-directional adjust once a week to keep it nailed in. I also put it into maintenance mode and do the fine adjustments once every six months or so, but that's pretty advanced.

Fourth, if your calibrations seem to drift really fast, check your encoder strip. It might just need a cleaning, but it's also a relatively easy/cheap part to replace if it's beat up.

Fifth, get a proper cleaning schedule set up and stick to it diligently. You should be cleaning gently around the heads with a proper cleaning swab and cleaning fluid on a regular basis--we do it daily first thing in the morning, alternating who does it as that eliminates personal bias in cleaning procedure.

If none of that helps, and you're sure it's not media comp, check your environmental variables. You want to be around 72F ambient and ~50% humidity for optimum printing. There's plenty of fudge factor in those numbers but it's something to shoot for.

gabagoo

I agree...cleaning occassionaly is probably the problem. I bet you have ink gummed up on the sides of the heads. I would give it a good 90 minute nozzle wash and really get underneath and clean the sides of the heads. Are you using OEM ink?

bmw_ante

I agree...cleaning occassionaly is probably the problem. I bet you have ink gummed up on the sides of the heads. I would give it a good 90 minute nozzle wash and really get underneath and clean the sides of the heads. Are you using OEM ink?

One thing is sure, There is no "gummed up ink" on the sides of the head anymore,

I Have ordered a new capping station, and i will change all the dampers at the same time

My testprint is and has always been just fine, No lines missing or anyting

We use SS2 ink