• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160 Streaking Problem

graphixboss

I'm having problems with my printer printing streaks in my image. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem. I replaced the heads and It was printing awesome, but a couple of days later I went back and it started printing streaks. I have tried adjusting media feed and setting print adjust but nothing works. Can anyone tell me how to adjust head allignment on mimaki jv3-160 printer?

WB

Pictures would help to clarify what "streaking" means. could be a lot of things. Could be ink pump, dampeners or other things..

graphixboss

We have replaced all the heads, bladders and have tried to all the print alignment and print adjusting and it hasn't changed.

graphixboss

Streaking.jpg

papabud

Lone Wolf
that is a clear banding issue. one of your print heads are not firing correctly.
do a few heavy cleanings and then run a printhead test print and upload that

MikePro

so your issue started in 2016, replaced the printheads, and you just NOW need help aligning the machine?
sounds like you could simply use a tech visit to get you setup properly. alignment procedures(link) are difficult to explain via forum posts, but my top piece of advice would be to get someone in there to do it properly & learn from them first hand.

Terry01

If all head are firing correctly or with a minimum of missing nozzles, You need to increase your heat on the platen and dryer.
Your ink is pooling on each pass.