• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv3 160s 6 to 4 color conversion

OldiOneKANEWBIE

I have been scouring the internet, maybe i am just looking or asking the wrong questions, but is it possible to convert a 6 to 4 color swap on this machine and if so does anyone have a link as to how i would set that up, i am doing this more as a hobby at the moment so a 2000 dollar visit from a mimaki tech does not sound as appealing as if i can just do this myself. Thank you in advance

jfiscus

Rap Master
Not worth a tech visit for that old of a model. You could pick up a used JV3 in good running condition for less than that. (keep your for parts)

rubo

I have been scouring the internet, maybe i am just looking or asking the wrong questions, but is it possible to convert a 6 to 4 color swap on this machine and if so does anyone have a link as to how i would set that up, i am doing this more as a hobby at the moment so a 2000 dollar visit from a mimaki tech does not sound as appealing as if i can just do this myself. Thank you in advance

pm me i'll tell you how to do it

jfiscus

Rap Master
pm me i'll tell you how to do it
Rubo, care to post up a write-up here? I have a buddy with a 6-color machine that would be useful if converted to 4-color. I'm sure everyone here would appreciate your knowledge!