• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160S Boot Trouble

edensdesign

Hey guys...

I've picked up a pair of used JV3-160S's for next to nothing. One of which was for parts, the other was supposedly running recently and shut down for storage by a tech. I've put new heads in and dampers, cap ends, new pumps, and have gone through the mechanical drawing to ensure I am not missing any pieces. The unit turns on and says to wait and it appears to be initializing. It goes to the caps and they seem to be doing their thing (makes a noise like a gear is moving, hope this is normal) and then it goes over to the wiper and wipes each head. It seems to repeat this once, I can give specifics if needed. Once it is done doing that it goes into local mode. for half a second and then the unit shuts off.

Ideas?

edensdesign

Nevermind.. figured it out... I am the genious that never checked the front power switch.... :covereyes:...

I seem to have some clogged ink lines.. I am hoping I can clear manually... If I need new, what sizes are needed for the lines from cartridge to damper?

(Also does anyone have a spare head mounting plate? The metal plate that goes under the head.. I have one that is in really bad shape... )

Thanks!

MikePro

much easier to flush than to swap ink lines. if I were powering-up from a long shut-down, I'd run a few extended nozzle washes followed by a pair of head washes and then a pair of fillupink. you'll need cleaning cartridges, or just some homebrew cleaning solution injected into cashed ink cartridges with the chip removed.