• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160s No color in prints

briderx

I am VERY new at digital printing, but we have had this printer for a couple years.

Yesterday, the printer just stopped printing. Colors stopped coming out. We ran some nozzle cleaner through the lines and let them sit overnight to possibly clear the the paint. That didn't work. We now have a few jobs backed up and no printer.. Any ideas?! I will be checking this thread throughout the morning... Thanks guys.. and gals.

1banner

Check seals around heads, had 1 bad last year,(a hairline crack) black stopped and just replaced whole capping station...been fine since.

briderx

Well, it wouldn't make sense if all colors didn't work. One color, plausable, but a crack on all of them isn't likely...??

If cleanings do not change the test draws (no ink in any of the colors), I would suspect that the problem is electrical in nature. That would point to the source issue being printed circuit boards, fuses, or data cable related.

Bob

briderx

I'm figuring data cable is okay to overlook, as during "test print" built into the machine, it still doesn't print. So, the other two to check would be fuse or circuit board.. Fuses shouldn't be hard to find.. Is there a way to check the board?

Sorry, by 'data cables' I was referring to ribbon cables in the carriage.

Other than fuses, I would say that the next diagnostic steps should be performed by an experienced field service engineer.

Bob

briderx

alright.. not a problem. i just dont like the service tech. Every time he says "you need to replace a board" I end up getting it working VIA software or a calibration.. He's charged the company so much money in repairs, it's ridiculous..

jdigital

when you say "lines are empty" do you mean the whole ink lines? If so you might want to check your ink lines. I've had a similar problem. What I did was take my ink line off at the pump and using a syringe, lightly pull ink through, then reattached at the pump. (make sure you heads are capped before you pull ink through) I did a couple of "ink fill ups" and I got ink to show up on my test draws

briderx

Ha ha.. yeah, that's EXACTLY what we did.. So far, we got 4 lines working good. The last two aren't doing so well. We're replacing the caps and hoping for the best.. Thank you all for the responses! Much appreciated.