• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160S on Onyx Postershop x10 with Win7

smdgrfx

whew...long title. Is there anyone running a JV3-160S on Onyx Postershop X10?? I am looking at buying another printer and Onyx to run my Mimaki and the new printer. I'm currently using Flexi 7.6 with the Mimaki, but I wanted to stream line and upgrade to Onyx for both. Also, does anyone know if the Mimaki will run on Win7? either 64bit or 32 bit. Upgrading is becoming a big headache...

smdgrfx

nobody??? I just got Onyx in the mail yesterday, so I'll be figuring it out sometime next week anyway...I'll post my findings.

MikePro

i hear vista has issues, but win7 should be fine.
I've been rocking my mimaki jv3 160sp on winXP

smdgrfx

I've been using winXP for my JV3 also, but I'm tired of XP. Every other computer I own is either win7 or Vista. 3 at work, 4 at home. I had it working on Vista with Flexi, but I'm not sure if it will work with Onyx. I'll find out soon enough.

mustafade

I have been demoing Production House with vista. So far i have not encounter any problems as far as OS goes.

polishdan

Just upgraded to Win 7 running Onyx 10 and keep getting Error #11: cannot initialize printer. Checked other forums and apparently this happens to others. Any ideas gents?

genericname

Go to your printer configuration in Production manager and select [I think] the devices tab. Click on the printer you want to modify, click the button on the right to modify its settings, and choose the proper port and device on that port.

For some reason, Onyx doesn't always do this automatically if you've just recently plugged in over firewire.

Do the same for the second printer, only selecting the second item in the list (they'll both probably look identical if they're the same model of printer), hit ok, exit out of the printer configuration screen, and all should be well.

Edit:

OH! I should probably also mention that each printer needs to be on its OWN firewire card. Yup, that fancy 8-port card is going to do squat for you.

Integrity Color

nobody??? I just got Onyx in the mail yesterday, so I'll be figuring it out sometime next week anyway...I'll post my findings.

It will work as long as Mimaki has a compatible firewire driver for the OS you're using. If you use Windows 7 x64, make sure you can get a 64-bit Win7 driver from Mimaki. Windows 7 is fine with Production House. Just make sure you're logged onto Win7 as an administrator or you'll have problems. It wouldn't hurt to disable UAC either.

OH! I should probably also mention that each printer needs to be on its OWN firewire card. Yup, that fancy 8-port card is going to do squat for you.

Yes, and not just two separate cards, but two separate cards that are compatible with Mimaki's driver...for some reason Mimaki's have been notorious for not working with all firewire cards. In the past Mimaki has recommended firewire cards with a TI chipset (most cards you find will have a VIA chipset). If I remember correctly, Mimaki specified Adaptec firewire cards with TI chipsets to work the best.

If you don't handle all of this driver compatibility garbage first, you'll definitely be seeing the aforementioned error in Onyx "Cannot initialize printer."