• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160S | Print Heads out of sync

polishdan

We just "retired" (may she rot slowly in a landfill for the next 100 years) our Black/Magenta print head and replaced it with a brand spanking new one yesterday.

Trouble is, the KM and CY print heads are out of sync (see below) thus creating that same visual problem as old CRT TVs. Is the proper term "ghosting?" (I've disabled the LC/LM head a long time ago and print in 4 color because I get absolute color control from design to print without the printer's ICC (poorly) converting from 4 to 6 color.)

The JV3-160S Maintenance Manual's LCD screen options don't match up exactly with what's showing up on my printer's LCD panel and frankly it's not always the clearest at explaining what needs to be done unless you already know what you're doing. (Because it was obviously written as a reference for techs.)

Help? What do I need to do?

sgoCmuj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

polishdan

Figured it out in case anyone has the same problem:

It was operator error. After mounting the new print head and reassembling the carriage, one screw was tightened before the second was back in place causing the print head to be physically mis-aligned by a millimeter or so after securing the second screw in.

So it was a basic Construction 101 case of tighten screws only after you've screwed them all in [facepalm].