• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv3 160s print problem- no ink on media

marianbossnew

Hello !

I have problems with my printer JV3 160sThe problem is that it moves ok but not give ink on mediaIt has bulk systemI had this problem a few years ago and then we clean the encoder sensor and functioned .
it is possible to be burned encoder sensor ?has happened to someone so ?Waiting for your help . Thank you !

Ps.
please excuse my bad english!

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The JV3 is one of the only machines that will not print ink when the encoder sensor is fried. I would start there and then move on to the main board.

marianbossnew

The JV3 is one of the only machines that will not print ink when the encoder sensor is fried. I would start there and then move on to the main board.

Thanks for the reply .

I tried with another sensor from roland and the problem has not gone away

I have to order a new sensor encoder and the new strip

keep you up to date. Thank you

marianbossnew

Thank you very much for your help.
I inspected the strip and wiped with cleaner heads . and sensor too . but no.
rezults
Waiting for a new sensor to arrive and see if it works .
if is need to change slider board/main board from another same printer, requiring any rewriting something or just plug & play ?

Thanx again.

anglin

I too am having this problem no print. I have switch mainboards and its the same problem. i also get the no media size detection. I will try your suggestion and let you know. Thanks

anglin

anglin

Stuck

can anyone help with a head id number all mine are gone and the printer is asking for it. I think i need at least two more. found two on the internet. need these to move forward.

Thanks

anglin

anglin

Got Head ID numbers. Going forward wiped encoder strip and changed encoder sensor. no luck.
I did encoder test and it was okay. I did paper sensor test and carriage did not move. I will change slider board to see if that help. Any help Please.

marianbossnew

Got Head ID numbers. Going forward wiped encoder strip and changed encoder sensor. no luck.
I did encoder test and it was okay. I did paper sensor test and carriage did not move. I will change slider board to see if that help. Any help Please.

But what are the symptoms?

anglin

Maybe I got lucky, But here is what happened.
1. Jv3-160sp was not detecting media size and would not print.
2. when i removed the cables from print head i did not get " error07 no printheads".
3. i removed the cables cn6-cn11 from mainboard and rebooted printer. I got "error07 no printheads"
4. i changed the slider board and reconnected cn6-cn11 and rebooted printer. I got " error07 no printheads"
5. i connected each printhead one by one "only one printhead connected at any one time"
i got the response "error07 ", but printer was showing me that printheads 1 and 2 were recognized and ok.
i got a loud pop on the third head, my heart almost came out. printhead 3 was not good.
6. replaced printhead 3 and rebooted. Printer detected media when asked and all is well.
Summary: I think the first place to chk are the printhead connections and chk the printheads individually one by one to make sure they are being recognised by the printer.

please note only 1 printhead is currently printing .i have switched the cables around to chk the slider and its okay. So i have ordered three new heads. I will follow up after installing heads.

thanks for all the help.

anglin

I got new heads installed and the printer works fine. A word out to all JV3 owners make sure you chk that ink is pulling periodically. This is the problem that damage heads most of the time.

Regards

anglin