• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160S Printing with FlexSIGN pro 8.1

micgo

Hello !

i have some question about how to setup and operate Jv3-160S with Flexsign pro 8.1. i have ripped this image and try to print it with JV3-160S and the color is off from the image

Offsite pics replaced. Please read our rules and instructions on photo posting.

my JV3 use bulk ink system(6 color). i have check all Ink Damper and it's fillled up inside. Flexsign is set to RIP image to JV3-160S@Mimaki_FireWire_Port_0 under Production Manager.

m i doing anything wrong ?

micgo

Attachments

• jv3-1.JPG
    jv3-1.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 96
  • jv3-2.JPG
    jv3-2.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 86
  • jv3-3.JPG
    jv3-3.JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 80
  • mask1.jpg
    mask1.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

CS-SignSupply

Wow.... what the hell is all of that red on the left edge of the media? Is that ink from head striking? and the black globs of more ink drip on the print.

I would venture a guess that this issue is not a software problem.

Redz Signs Inc.

first thing take off the color correction if its checked that will make it print as its entered into the program not makeing the color change to what the printer wants. . make sure that your profine is set for the media that your using. clean your encoder strip. and give your machine a bath .

Redz Signs Inc.

and then call bobby @ cyber supply for new print heads for the red head strike that your seeing from your head scratching on the media ... use the take up real its ony 3 feet of media that you waist that cost 15 cents a sf aposed to 850 for 1 head.

ChicagoGraphics

I never knew you can print full bleed with a JV3?

that printer needs some serious cleaning, or are you just waiting for it to die.

MikePro

I never knew you can print full bleed with a JV3?
:ROFLMAO:

i'm surprised, with that many headstrikes, that you didn't wind up with a y-current error. you should never let you printheads hit the media like that. Thousand bucks plus downtime, at least, if you destroy that magenta printhead.

you have your temperature settings dialed in right? too hot and media buckles, especially with calendared medias.
Also, even after a print is complete and your roll is still loaded. It might not be actively heating, but the warm platen is enough to warp the material and give you instant headstrikes when your printer goes to clean itself automatically, as well.

micgo

thx alot for all those reply

i m new to all this. i didn't even know what is JV3 a month ago. my company wanted me to start doing printing so we bot a printer and start doing. i don't even know what is right or wrong. so one of the head is bad and have to be replaced ?

MikePro

so one of the head is bad and have to be replaced ?
no, it looks like its ok but if you let the media drag on the printheads like that you may run into issues in the future.

whenever this happens, immediately run a long "Nozzle Wash" to make sure you clear up any nozzles that may have become clogged by the media dragging across the printheads.

you have a service manual?
make sure you run at least weekly cleanings and always do a test print before you run a project... nothing worse than wasting material on a print when only 60% of the nozzles are firing color.