• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160S questions

heyskull

I picked up my JV3-160S today.
I reckon it has been off line a lot longer than the seller said!
Still it powers up and came straight out of a working environment.

When pressing the head test button it comes up with error 30.
I have read on here this could be a few causes but would like reassured if possible?

I have ordered new cap tops, wipers and dampers and print head cables (the cheap parts).
Whilst waiting on the items I am going to strip and clean the pumps and ultrasonically clean the heads and generally give it a good clean.

I am going in the right direction with this?

SC

Print Com

I found this, not sure if this is your problem, but you can check and rule it out.

getting an error 30, what does that mean? An error 30 is a general operation error that normally point out something simple that might have been overlooked. This includes trying to do alignments while the print head is too high, or trying to detect the media while a cover is open. Always check your sensors when this error comes up, normally closing a cover or lowering the media lever will remedy this.

hope this helps

heyskull

Thanks for that Print com.
I have read this error can be a whole lot of things from sensors, bad cartridge chips to the machine hibernating because of being off for such a long time.

The head height mechanism is missing on this machine!
I have the cover but their is no lever inside. How does this lift the head?
I have watched machines print with the cover off and cannot figure were the lever attaches>
Is this my error problem maybe?

SC

heyskull

Well had a little play about today.
Turns out all the ink is out of date by at least 4 months so that will not be helping!
I am going to remove the battery and reset the clock to get them running.

I am having a software issue also.
We are currently running Signlab 9.1 and I would like to use this machine using this RIP. I am also wanting to run CMYK not CMYKlclm as I can run similar inks as my Valuejet but Cadlink are only listing drivers for JV3 full or JV3 2xCMYK.
Which one of these will run just CMYK on my machine?

Thanks
SC