• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 160S stopping mid print?

robracer

Hi guys, I need some help....I have had the printer stop mid print a few times & would usually have a flashing display, today it stopped mid print & the command panel was frozen......... I am running directly from flexisign pro:frustrated:
Could it be that I just need a firmware update? Mother board on the way out?
I am now scared to do any big prints

Rooster

Could be a network issue with the data transfer. Main boards tend to be good or bad and nothing in between so I doubt you have one on the way out as you say.

I'd look at the rip first and try and sort out any communication issues, but I have zero experience with flexi so I can't help you there.

robracer

Could be a network issue with the data transfer. Main boards tend to be good or bad and nothing in between so I doubt you have one on the way out as you say.
Yeah thanks for that Rooster, but if that were the case surely it would not lock the Printer control panel?

radiohead223

i would also be thinking that it could be a data transfer problem as well.

i suppose the easy things to try would be a new firewire cable even before the upgrades to the firmware. rule that out then try the updates.

i've never seen the problem myself in the years i have been running my with anything locking the main control panel

Rooster

Yeah thanks for that Rooster, but if that were the case surely it would not lock the Printer control panel?

It's entirely plausible that if it hung on data transfer, it could have confused the printer and crashed the printer system software. But yeah, I've never seen a panel lock up either. They tend to be rock solid.

Jesse_gvi

I've only had it to where it was blinking, but that got so bad I couldn't run a certain file size without it stopping. I got a new card and cables, but that didn't work. After trying a few other things I uninstalled Flexi and Norton, reinstalled Flexi first, then reinstalled Norton. I haven't had the same problem since.

Your issue is a little different with the panel freezing, but it might work.

The Sign Dude

I am having the exact same problem only I am running a Mutoh with Flexi instead of a Mimaki. I think its a Flexi problem also but dont know how to fix it.

n1c m

Hi peeps
this may my problem was lack of memory had more added and problem sorted.
i use onyx 7 rip prints would run for about 700mm then have a clean stop, as if job had finished. memory was my problem. good luck
n1c m

Jesse_gvi

Hi peeps
this may my problem was lack of memory had more added and problem sorted.
i use onyx 7 rip prints would run for about 700mm then have a clean stop, as if job had finished. memory was my problem. good luck
n1c m

That's another thing that we did that didn't work. I freed up a bunch of space on my hard drive and maxed out my ram.

Might work for you though. And it wouldn't hurt to free up space, but I'd do a reinstall before purchasing anything.

MikePro

i was gonna say before reading other posts... free up hard disk space by deleting old flexi files. My prints stopped midway, as well, until i did so.

maybe also choose a different save folder on your hard disk? if you're ripping/printing your files across a network it would explain the same issue.

Signsway

Check if your print goes straight. Maybe is an encoder strip problem - adjust. Or even a motherboard. does it makes same problem in small size jobs? or or long jobs after 1.5 - 2 meter