• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP 4-color bars before each print

caper121

Hello

Bought a used JV3 and am trying to get it running. I've had to replace three heads and I still need to adjust them. Well once I got all the heads to print the test pattern, I hooked the machine up to a computer and sent it some test jobs from FlexiSign and now a 4-color bar prints out before the actual sent print job starts. It doesn't do this when printing test patterns from the machine, it only does this when it's sent a job from the computer. Any ideas of what this might be?

attachment.php

Attachments

• jv3.jpg
    jv3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 134

caper121

"print color band" was not checked/enabled in flexisign. I'm using flexisign 10. I did enable it to see if it would print (chose print on bottom) and it printed an additional color band. Is there a setting in the printer's menu perhaps?

MikePro

do you have a operator's manual? linked here, cause I'm a nice guy.
The "Color Pattern" option is somewhere in the Print Mode options, I believe.
been a long time since I operated mine, so I don't know exactly where you'll have to dig but I'm sure you can figure it out :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 4.22.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 4.22.12 PM.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 146

caper121

Problem solved! It was a setting in the print setup called "COLOR PTN. It was set to :eek:n and I toggled it to :eek:ff

set up/select :type.1/ COLOR PTN. <ent> / :eek:ff

Thanks for the help!