• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP Banding/Splotching Problems/Color Shifting

JSNGraphics

Attached below are two test prints for what is to be a beige background. Instead it creates color splotches and color shifts. I'm printing on 3M IJ-40, and am using that profile. We are printing using Flexisign 8.6. The problem seems to happen on any type of vinyl we use. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this a printer problem or is it a problem with the profile?

Also, we are having color shifting issues when we do large prints for vehicle wraps. One print will have one shade of green (for example) and the next one will have a different shade of green. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
JSNGraphics

Image_1.jpg Image_2.jpg

Attached below are two test prints for what is to be a beige background. Instead it creates color splotches and color shifts. I'm printing on 3M IJ-40, and am using that profile. We are printing using Flexisign 8.6. The problem seems to happen on any type of vinyl we use. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this a printer problem or is it a problem with the profile?

Also, we are having color shifting issues when we do large prints for vehicle wraps. One print will have one shade of green (for example) and the next one will have a different shade of green. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
JSNGraphics

View attachment 100096 View attachment 100097

The place to start (always) is with the printer and more specifically, with it's nozzle performance. For the JV3, run a Test Draw from the printer's front panel. Depending on what you observe in the pattern, it may be necessary to perform remedial maintenance to get the affected nozzles firing again to the extent possible.

Based on what I see, it is highly likely that you have some nozzle outs and/or misdirected nozzles.

JSNGraphics

The place to start (always) is with the printer and more specifically, with it's nozzle performance. For the JV3, run a Test Draw from the printer's front panel. Depending on what you observe in the pattern, it may be necessary to perform remedial maintenance to get the affected nozzles firing again to the extent possible.

Based on what I see, it is highly likely that you have some nozzle outs and/or misdirected nozzles.

IMG_20140702_132235_958[1].jpg

Please excuse the quality of the photograph. This is what I just got from doing a Test Draw.

JSNGraphics

How would I go about correcting the misdirected nozels?

Also, for some reason yellow is starting to spray around the black, has anyone seen this before?

JSNGraphics

IMG_20140729_103912_065.jpg IMG_20140729_103843_964.jpg IMG_20140729_103903_322.jpg
We recently replaced the yellow head a year ago, could it be failing again, or is this another issue?
Thanks
JSN Graphics