• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP Cyan Gone Crazy

RDS

Has anyone ever seen this before???
DSC01710.jpg

DSC01709.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

J Hill Designs

did you data swap? ie put yellow cables to cyan and cyan cables to yellow (so that cyan head basically prints the yellow channel, but in cyan)?

RDS

we removed the yellow cables and placed them on the cyan and cyan on the yellow. we did not cross them

RDS

good call. now the yellow did it. so it not the print-head or cable its one of the boards. now to figure out if its the mother or slider

artbot

not necessarily, after a data swap that disproves that the head is causing the issue. ask yourself a couple more questions. are the cables being swapped at that slider board port okay. look at the ends to see if there are any bent over wires. rotate the ribbons being used in the data swap. if the issue stays at the the slider board port regardless of which ribbon... then i'd pull the slider board and send it to macmedia (they will honestly diagnose if it's good or bad. if bad repair it for $200)