• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP - Magenta not pumping out capping station

MikeyG

Hi there
I was running a Disway Wash on the JV3-160SP that I'm responsible for. (That's where you fill the caps with cleaning fluid, one at a time, and the machine pumps it out.)

I have discovered that the magenta isn't pumping out. The fluid just stays in place and I have to remove it manually with the pipette.

Does this indicate a knackered pump? Or something else? Maybe a hole in an ink line?
And would I likely be able to repair this myself (with very little knowledge of the 'insides' of this machine, and even less technical savvy!)?

I'd welcome any input, as I have to decide whether it's worth repairing (it doesn't get used much these days!).

Thanks for the help!

heyskull

Swap one of the pump lines over and see if it will pump it away.
Digiprint sell these very cheaply if you find it needs replaced.

SC

artbot

i'd bet a pump/drain tube is clogged.

pull the magenta drain line from the waste bottle. have a partner pour solvent into the cap while you at the drain end pull a strong vacuum at the end of the drain line with a syringe. i'd usually use something stronger than
cleaning solution for this (like MEK or acetone).

a common hidden spot for a clog is often right under the cap and also at the very tip/end of the drain line.

__

someday take a drill and drill four holes along the outside of your waste bottle. add some extensions to the drain lines if needed and run your drain lines separately outside of the harness. this will allow you to pull and inspect a line quickly to see if it is dripping ink during cleaning cycles.