• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP no yellow?

fastsigns58

This poor old girl of a printer is not happy these days.
we have a bulk in system on it.
But we do not have the cleaning cartridges for it.

No yellow at all is printing.

The small white "window things" just before the print heads seem to have liquid ink in them.

I have run Nozzle Washes and medium & heavy cleanings
Even stared the Head wash cycle, drained the ink (which yellow drained nothing), stopped the cycle & did a "Fill the ink" to maybe force it through...

nothing

help!

WestbankKurt

Jv3-160sp

We have a JV3-160SP that is around eight years old. Are you refering to the capping station? Whats happening with your test prints?

J Hill Designs

can you pull yellow ink with a syringe from the line coming out of the bottom of the cap?

If yes, head isnt blocked, but is probably electrically dead.

artbot

easy to diagnose. if you are getting zero yellow on both the left and right damper at that head then i'd assume that it's not damper related due to the odds that both dampers would give you an issue at the same time.

i'd first make sure that your cap is pulling at that yellow head. pull the yellow waste and or separate the yellow line at one of the unions to the pump then pull a vacuum on that line with a syringe. do you see yellow coming down the line? do you hear a very light hissing noise?

most likely you have a clog in that line. you might be able to see them (squeeze the line to see if you can feel the hardness of dried ink). if you do have a clog, have a partner dump MEK down the cap while you pull a strong vacuum at that drain/pump line. you may be able to dislodge a clog without removing any parts. (keep in mind, clogs are often right below the cap and can't be seen)

you might also have a bad pump side or bad cap contact.

if it's not ink supply to the head then i'd look at data. you'll need to do a data swap at that head (cyan yellow?). that way you can prove or disprove if the yellow channel is getting data to print. (a completely blank "nothing" print is often data. but since it's a more complex and expensive fix, i'd start and making sure you pump is properly priming the head.)

manix78

Hi
I have a problem with yellow print head Mimaki jv-3 sp. On Friday replaced the black print head, all new dumpers and cap tops. Print were good. Today, missing yellow. I used a syringe pump behind. Sucked the color from dumpers. Dumper is full, I cant seen air in the line. After that test print looks good but when printed yellow disappeared after a while. I did replace the cable on the print heads (data swap - cyan, yello) Test plint was - cyan. blak, magenta - looks good, no yello. Can you ask for suggestions? I have no idea already. Thank you for your help.

Regards
Mario

Attachments

• TEST_PRINT.jpg
    TEST_PRINT.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 103
  • PRINT1.jpg
    PRINT1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 130
  • PRINT2.jpg
    PRINT2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 118