• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv3 160sp output is distorted

signservices

I hope someone can help here. We have a mimaki jv3-160sp. We use onyx Rip. yesterday, the ouput started becoming streatched out, looking like the vinyl was feeding too fast thru the printer causing things to elongate on the x axis. The barcode for diecutting is the same width but is now 2.5 inches long. How do i fix this

dave

Printhead

Is the distortion significant? 2.5 inch for what total length?
I can think of two things;
The front roller is pulling too hard, with the heater on the vinyl can become malleable and prone to physical stretching.
Or the problem is with the rip. I have zero experience with Onyx, but sometime wasatch will distort prints if they were ripped in, for instance 8 passes and the rip setting was changed to 4 passes before printing.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Case

Try cleaning the encoder strip with alcohol...........Get any dirt, ink or oil off of the encoder strip............The thin clear strip that runs the length of the platen behind the head carriage.......

Case

Case

Also I think I have seen this happen when the version of the print install of Onyx doesn't match the version of the software......... If you are at version 7.3 of Onyx, make sure you have the version of the Mimaki 7.3 print install installed or updated to the latest and the correct driver all all that are installed....

Case

Case

above the pinch wheels, if you can't find a super long clear strip, i don't know what to tell ya.......lol it's thin and runs almost the whole length of the printer................. maybe yours is so dirty it isn't clear anymore.........lol

case