• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP Print Head Problem

lym_signs

I recently purchased a Mimaki a used JV3-160 SP printer. However after purchasing, the seller claimed after doing a test print the black head wasn't printing on all nozzles and so he performed a head wash. After that none of the nozzles were printing. The other 3 heads are printing just fine. It had been sitting for about a month or so. Any suggestions?

MikePro

welcome to s101:Welcome: search function has tons of similiar issues.
it might be worth having a tech come out and take a look at it for you, set this machine up right, considering you most likely got a deal on the used printer in the first place.
these printers are tanks, and could easily run smooth for the next 6-10yrs with proper user maintenance... assuming they're setup correctly on the front-end.

otherwise pictures and exact events leading up to the failure would be helpful to toss out here, and hopefully we can point out something simple for a quick-fix.
can o' worms is most likely your diagnosis, however.

(start with a new wiper blade, carriageout & clean the capping station, run a disway wash, set a 99min nozzle wash, run a fillupink, set another 99min nozzle wash, and then do a test print.)

lym_signs

Thanks Mike. Well before I did anything I went ahead and cleaned the capping station. Pulled the hoses from the capping station to the pump. They are completely blocked. I couldn't even get air through them with my syringe. I am going to replace all hoses from capping station down to waste tank first before I try anything else. This printer must have been sitting dormant for quite a while.

lym_signs

So I took a syringe and pulled the ink through the black head below the capping station and it did a test print almost perfectly. The yellow ink also sucked through fine. However I a not getting a good seal on the cyan and magenta. Can't pull any ink through and I can tell there is a leak somewhere. The capping station looks perfect.

Robert M

Few things

could be a leaky dampers, bad o rings, dirt on the bottom of the head. My guess is the capping station is bad. You only need a slight bit of ware on the rubber gasket and it will not seal to the head.

lym_signs

I replaced 2 cap tops(cyan and magenta) all the hoses from capping station down to waste tank and it is running like a charm. Thanks to all those who helped me these forums are a godsend for fixing large printer problems.