• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

*$#(@!!! jv3-160sp print just went blank!

signs1970

Firmware downgrade

Just wondering what the out come was and couldn't work out how to start a new thread so thought I would tack on the end of this (I know it's not the right thing to do)
I have just purchased a second hand jv3160 sp (also have a jv3 160s) and want to downgrade firmware from 7.2 to 3.1 so I can run chip less ink carts ( like my old jv3) because some of the permanent ink chips/carts need to be Taken out and put in each time machine goes to local mode & between prints.
can I go from 7.2 to 1.4 to 3.1 or not.
Any help would be appreciated as old 160s has overspray issues and have to print at uni 12 pass slow speed and would great to get 160sp running without me watching it.

sha

sure will. i'll pm you and update this thread.

does yours do the same thing going too wide on uni-?

No, but I have noticed that during media detection machine detect right and left edge of the material but width on the display is different for 10 inches and print is shifted to the left for that 10 in.

I have replaced so far: Media detection sensor, Encoder strip and Encoder reader.

Thanks for reply, looking forward for PM