• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 160SP Printing Problem

bmgsilva

First of all, congrats for the great comunity :thumb:

Im having a strange problem with my JV3, im getting 4 stripes, one of each color, in a specific location of the printer and the print quality isn't good either. It started after some manual cleaning on the heads and dock station. The test draw is fine btw.

Any idea what it could be and out to fix it? im leaving a picture of the issue.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img633/8710/hzAjbT.jpg

thanks in advance.

artbot

you'll be looking for something gantry related. possibly a cracking main ribbon that is distorting data at a certain bend point. move your zero to the left about a foot and see if the issue follows the main board or stays at the gantry. if the issue bumps over then it's not gantry related.

bmgsilva

you'll be looking for something gantry related. possibly a cracking main ribbon that is distorting data at a certain bend point. move your zero to the left about a foot and see if the issue follows the main board or stays at the gantry. if the issue bumps over then it's not gantry related.

Thanks for the reply!

i moved it but the stripes stayed exactly on the same spot.
I will check the ribbons and test again

thanks again

kozel

Could it be an issue with the encoder strip? There aren't any scratches or ink spots on the strip that correspond with these stripes are there?