• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP Printing Problems

AaronR

Last week we had a guy come out to service one of our printers because the thing decided it wanted to print 360x540 4 pass instead of the 720x720 8 pass we normally use. After looking the machine over and cleaning the encoder strip everything worked fine Thursday and Friday. This morning before I started a job I decided to do a test print from the machine and it came out looking like sh*% (Pic#1). After a 20 minuted head wash the cyan came back but it still looked like caca (Pic#2). So after going through my every-other-day maintenance routine, cleaned the encoder strip and the sensor again I tried another print and still no luck (Pic#3). I need help....before I take the sledge hammer and a quarter stick of dynamite to it.

**Update**
Now after a 99 minute wash and 2 line fills it's not printing at all.

Attachments

• Pic#1.JPG
    Pic#1.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Pic#2.JPG
    Pic#2.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 113
  • Pic#3.JPG
    Pic#3.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 117

MikePro

i just had similiar issues myself.... sounds like you've got ink flow problems

easy as:
1) air in ink lines? try drawing ink through your lines/dampers with a syringe. (pair with #3 below)

2) capping station might not be making a proper seal when it seats, causing ink to dry on your printheads over the weekend and/or not "re-priming" the heads during prints/fills. can always hook a syringe to the drainage line and try to draw on it... if ink flows, then your issue is a pump or its above the head. but if you hear a hissing/farting noise coming from your capping station and no ink pulls through, then you've diagnosed the problem and need to replace that cap.

3) dampers might just suck too, cheap to replace as an easy way to rule them out. also easy to just pop them off the top of your print head... if there's a slight resistance, then you know the o-ring is still good but if it slides right off then you might have an air leak there, causing lack of inkflow.

Spencer McMurtry

I agree with MikePro, it sounds like a ink flow issue i had similar problems with my jv3 and it was the capping station. make sure you replace the whole capping station not just the captops as over time the capping station can get deformed

goodluck! if you don't know what you are doing call a tech, you can break a lot of things if you just start tearing things apart.

bmw_ante

Yeah, the encoder strip is fine. I went and picked up a new encoder sensor this morning and replaced it, now it's printing like new.

Great ! It is almost every time something with the linear encoder when theese kind of trubbles occur