• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160sp problem/ head washing

ABBOTARTDEPT

I got a clogged nozzle and Ive been cleaning all day yesterday and this morning. I need to do a head wash and the manual is vague to me. Is there anyone here who has done this a few times and tell me what I need? This is such a noob question but Ive got my boss breathing down my neck about this and Im at my wits end. the clogged nozzle is the yellow and it clogs every couple weeks like this. but this is the worst its been. usually clears up after a few strong cleaning cycles but not this time. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thewood

With the printer in local mode press FUNCTION.
Arrow down to MAINTENANCE and press ENTER
Display will read STATION. Press ENTER
Arrow down to NOZZLE WASH and press ENTER
The carriage will move to the left revealing the capping station.
Fill the caps with cleaning solution.
Using the arrow keys, select how long you want to perform the wash (1-99 minutes) and press ENTER

COREYAARON

Check Your Dampers For Clogging, Do A Nozzle Wash Like This Guy Said, Do Repeated Hard Cleanings And Manually Push The Head Carraige To The Empty Bay And Swab Around The Head....careful

ryubi

I got a clogged nozzle and Ive been cleaning all day yesterday and this morning. I need to do a head wash and the manual is vague to me. Is there anyone here who has done this a few times and tell me what I need? This is such a noob question but Ive got my boss breathing down my neck about this and Im at my wits end. the clogged nozzle is the yellow and it clogs every couple weeks like this. but this is the worst its been. usually clears up after a few strong cleaning cycles but not this time. any help would be greatly appreciated.

try this.

ok if u are having problem with your yellow. use a syringe and try to pull the ink pipe from the waste tank. remember before pulling the yellow pipe be sure that the head sits properly in the capping station. try to pull twice or trice. this will clear the nozzle. after that do your normal cleaning ( soft will be fine )

ABBOTARTDEPT

Thanks for your responses. All steps suggested above have been done before posting. Im sorry for not being clear about what I have dont up to this point. After nozzle washing and cleaning it eventually clears. But the head should not be clogging this often (every 2 weeks or so). Thanks guys!

thewood

Thanks for your responses. All steps suggested above have been done before posting. Im sorry for not being clear about what I have dont up to this point.

Yeah, that was really unclear. Because in your initial post you explicitly ask how to do a head wash?

I need to do a head wash and the manual is vague to me. Is there anyone here who has done this a few times and tell me what I need?

But back to your question, I agree with jens. Daily maintenance (cleaning around the print heads, capping station, wiper, etc) and daily printing should keep your nozzles firing. The best thing you can do for your printer is keep it busy printing.

Last edited:
If it's a "Head Wash" you want to do this is located under MAINTENANCE => HEAD WASH however this is probably overkill for the small problem you're having - Requires 8 Wash Cartridges to flush out the entire system.

If it's only one Nozzle then this probably wont be enough to cause print defects unless you're running very low pass counts (i.e. less than 8 pass)

ABBOTARTDEPT

I thought the problem might be bigger than that because its only the yellow that clogs. the other nozzles never clog. thanks peeps!