• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP Pump can't hold cleaning solution

signs4minds

I did a Nozzle Wash and tried to fill the station with the cleaning solution but it just goes trough and doesn't remain there on the black ink. The rest of the inks are just fine. I'm thinking it's the pump or the tube. It seems to be sucking properly... it just can't close/lock the pump. (I'm guessing)
How should I troubleshoot?
Thanks

genericname

Crimp the line just above the pump. If your ink is still syphoning, it's the line, though that would mean you already have one hell of a mess on your hands. If not, it's the pump, and most likely the rubber gates in the pump itself, which control the metal rollers that apply pressure to the lines, creating suction. Either replace the rubber gates, if you're comfortable with small-detail work and can get your hands on a reasonable facsimile, or just make your life easier and replace the pump altogether.

Masseria

open the pump cover, if you see an ink lake,/(there is a sponge under the pump/wiper), there is something broken, tube,plug, or leaking pump(strange) if not make a pumptubewash to check if pump is good.
if pump tubes vibrate, pump pressure is good. if they dont try to hear if pump make strange noises, because pump is mechanic. if not, check for the tubes might be broken or bad plugged.

Anyway i cant understand why is black ink? i think you mean remains in the captop.(this might be broken as well) you can check the seal of the captop after checking the pump, block 1 of the 2 tubes under the capstation, and with the printhead in the captop, start absorbing with a sryinge... then try to push the printhead to the left, if the captop is making it hard to unstick it.. then seal is good. if not you might want to change the captop.

Hope i helped.

gabagoo

My Magenta did that, but not all the time, so I would do a nozzle wash and fill the magenta first...if it stayed then I would do all the caps. If not I rebooted the printer and it would stay...eventually I changed the pump and have not had the problem since

genericname

My Magenta did that, but not all the time, so I would do a nozzle wash and fill the magenta first...if it stayed then I would do all the caps. If not I rebooted the printer and it would stay...eventually I changed the pump and have not had the problem since

In a bind, you can actually just manually advance the gears of the pump to get the liquid to hold. What's happening (usually), is that one of both of the steel wheels in the pump aren't being pressed against the hose during a normal cycle. If it's just one, you can advance it until it finally catches, and you can then fill up the ink.

This is a bad idea in the long run though, as it means your captop will only be sealed about half of the time, and it'll be too late if ink dries on the head and does damage as a result.

MikePro

assuming that you have working parts, all you have to do is remove the pump, advance the gear slightly, and reinstall.

MikePro

assuming that you have working parts, all you have to do is remove the pump, advance the gear slightly, and reinstall.

added note: recently had the same issue and tried my own advice to no success....
solution came to me when I noticed ink dripping from my ink pump during fillupink and, upon closer inspection/removal of the pump, it turned out that this Triangle-brand ink pump from Fellers had split the ink line approx. 1 inch long within the rotating mechanism.

I had to feed some of the ink line through the pump and cut-out the split-portion of the line. Debating raising a stink, as the pump is only 4 months old and the waste lines are already breaking-down?!? crud.