• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 160sp "Set Cartridge"

WestbankKurt

Hello,
After trying a head wash and thinking I did what the manual old me to do, I am now stuck with a "set cartridge" error message that cannot be resolved. I have tried powering down as one thread suggested but same thing. I am waiting for the tech to respond but in the meantime I am asking fellow Signs people if they have a solution??
Thanks for any and all help

WestbankKurt

Yes I have brand new ink cartridges in the machine. It was suggested that the machine was not coming back up due to an expired chip so I replaced them.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did that work? If not, you may have broken one of the sensors that detect if the cartridge is set. Take a flash light and look into the empty cartridge slot. You are looking for any broken pieces of plastic. It will look like a lever. If it is broken, you can replace it for cheap by yourself. We have the sensors for $18.99 if you need it.

most likely expired ink. I've had that error before, swapped chips and I was fine.

Are the chips color-exclusive? I have a 2/3 full magenta cartridge that just expired, but no magenta chips (except for new cartridges that I don't want to mess with). Could I use a C, Y or K chip on the magenta cartridge?

artbot

they are color sensitive. if you have no time to waste, do some surgery on your main board by taking out the battery. it will set the date of your printer back to 2001 (leaving everything else in place) and all cartridge from now on can not possibly expire. or yank the magenta cart chip off the new cart, then order a $4 magenta replacement chip off of ebay. it would arrive by the time you need it for the now chipless cart.