• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv3-160sp timing of "nozzle clogging preventitive function"?

stevenjowens

I can't find this in the operation or maintenance guide, how long is the delay in between the "nozzle clogging preventitive function" running (when the "main power switch" on the back is on, but the front power switch is off)?

Pagan

sleep count

It's called SLEEP COUNT , you can set it to every 2 hours ,4, 8 ,12 hours clean
we have our mimaki set to every 4 hours.
pressingthe FUNCTION key.Press the ENTER key. SCROW DOWN INTO YOU FOUND SLEEP COUNT THEN PRESS ENTER REPLACE CNTSLEEP REF. TO 2 ,4,8 OR 12 HOURS SLEEP CLEAN.

stevenjowens

It's called SLEEP COUNT , you can set it to every 2 hours ,4, 8 ,12 hours clean we have our mimaki set to every 4 hours.
pressing the FUNCTION key. Press the ENTER key. SCROW DOWN INTO YOU FOUND SLEEP COUNT THEN PRESS ENTER REPLACE CNTSLEEP REF. TO 2 ,4,8 OR 12 HOURS SLEEP CLEAN.

Do you mean "sleep clean", page 5.17 of the operations manual?

(page 109 in the PDF here: http://eng.mimaki.co.jp/archives/032/201301/JV3-160SP_Operation_D200913_V1.5.pdf )

As far as I can tell, that's the schedule for the actual cleaning, but not for the "ink ejected is ejected from the head at regular intervals":

"To prevent clogging while the power switch has been turned off, ink is ejected from the head at regular intervals. The head itself must be cleaned also at regular intervals which are set as shown below."

Pagan

Sleep clean or sleep count

When you set the sleep clean, the printer turn on depending on the count you set up 2,4,8,12 hours > the print heads fired little amount of ink >pump
turn on suck the ink fired by the print head then the wiper go and wipe each print head > machine go back to sleep.
it takes 5 to 10 seconds to complete the cycle . this prevent ink to dry on print head AND KEEP THE HEAD FRESH Swhen you not using the printer.
i hope it helps
ED