Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jv3 160sp to bulk or not to bulk

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Redz Signs Inc., Jun 24, 2011.

1. I have a mimaki jv3 160sp. im thinkin about going to bulk does anyone have this? are there pros and cons if so can you fill me in please.

Tags:
  2. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    i went with refillable carts and endless chips... the "poor man's bulk ink set up".

3. im thinkin about resetable chips with carts and 8 bulk tanks on top of the machine . i have a tech that keeps telling me that the people he knows spend more money fixing than paying for oem ink . true or not? do you have any problems

4. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

False. Machine breaks but you need to know which breaks. People are smart enough saying your machine breaks because of your compatible ink without really looking into the problem. What if the take up reel breaks, do you really believe it is the ink? I can tell you this. if you are choosing one of the reputable ones, you will only save 80% of ink cost. Use that 80% of ink cost savings to dominant your local market.

Use J-STAR ink
    Four Refillable Cartridge
    Four liters of ink CMYK
    Options on chips permanent chips $45 each
    Shipped free for $400. Add $180 if you need permanent chips.

http://www.fieldcenterusa.com/categ...V33{47}JV5/Refillable-Cartridge-Kit-with-Ink/

5. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Before you jump into the "J STAR" barrel, check out the plethora of bulk ink products available. Talk to several bulk ink dealers (CiberSupply offers Solaris and InkTec), get 2-3 referrals to out of market users, call the users and get their opinions, then you can make an informed choice. Please remember, the happiest users are the ones using GOOD ink, while receiving outstanding support in the event of an issue. Finally, be prepared to get your hands dirty.

6. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

We have no problem giving interest parties references to call. Please contact us at 949-209-7306 or sales@fieldcenterusa.com. You will be happy with the ink, ink user parts discount and more.

:thankyou:

7. tcorn1965

tcorn1965 Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    We have two JV3-160 SP and use the Solaris ink carts, no complaints.

8. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Thanks for using Solaris inks

Good day, thank you for successfully using Solaris inks. Please let me know if I can help you in any way.:thankyou:

9. tcorn1965

tcorn1965 Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I will find out what we pay for ours, maybe you are cheaper. We use around 10 carts a month. Do you always have in stock? How long and cost to ship to 52802? You can PM info if you do not want on open board.

Thanks,
    Terry