• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv3-160sp - "wiper - press ent key" error

MarkH42

For the past week or two, the message "WIPER - PRESS ENT KEY" will be flashing on the screen when we come in the office in the morning, and occasionally during the day. I press enter, the station moves a little, and it goes back to sleep. I am guessing there is some sort of error with the wiper, so I have cleaned all of the sprockets & other moving parts as throughly as I can and replaced the wiper with a new one. It doesn't do this EVERY time it cycles on, but it seems be happening more frequently. The printer works fine when it is running and this only seems to happen when it is off and cycling on every hour or so. I'm worried that it is sitting at night waiting for someone to hit "enter" and not cycling like it should. I'm not ready to buy new heads yet, so has anyone had this problem??? Thanks is advance for your input.

MikePro

check underneath the right rail (capping station side), towards the wiper "park" position... there's a little switch that tells the printer that the wiper is open/closed. Ink builds up and causes the switch to stick, causing wiper errors randomly while functioning.

another issue could be ink build-up on the gears of the mechanism... only way to access is by removing the panel on the back of the printer. After 7 years of running our jv3160sp, I kept getting errors despite thinking my machine was immaculately clean (switch mentioned above included)... only to discover that my wiper gears were so gunked up that I had to chisel a golfball-sized-wad worth of ink off the wiper mechanism gears.

MarkH42

You the man, Mike!

I think that may be it! There was some serious gunk around that switch. I didn't even realize it WAS a switch, but I have cleaned it out and I can see the lever thing that the wiper presses against. I just turned it off and I'm waiting to see if I get the error......keeping my fingers crossed.