• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv3 160sp with out printing, how long?

mgcustomgraphics

Hi everyone, i was just wondering for how long can i leave my mimaki without printing, last time i left It 5 days i didnt had any problem i was on vacation, ill be gone for 10 days close to xmas time, we are a 4men shop and we are all traveling together, so It kinda worries me since i dont know if by letting It sit for too long might cause some damage or something, i want to hear some opinions, thank you.

4R Graphics

if your really worried about it I would make sure i have full ink carts in the printer and change the sleep cleaning to every 4 to 6 hours it will waste a lot of ink but you should be safe.

I sue to let my JV3 go for 3 or 4 days when i first got it many years ago and had the sleep clean set every 8 hours never had any problems.

I dont remember how to do it as we have JV33's now but you can set it at the printer its in one of the menus.

MikePro

JV3 has built-in automatic cleaning cycle. You should be fine as long as you have ink carts registering more than "1" on the ink levels.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm more concerned why 4 men are traveling together for 10 days over the holidays ?? Sounds a little weird to me.... :popcorn: Are you all brothers, or something ??

gixxer2004

I don't think you will have any problems if it is turned on and is set up for self cleaning. I just bought a JV33 that was sitting for over a month with the cartridges out and it cleared up after 4- 90 minute head soaks. Test print is perfect!!!

mgcustomgraphics

thanks everyone, sounds like im having a worries free vacation, it is set for automatic cleanings every 4 hours or so, and inks are full as of today, i've been planning these vacas for a long time now so we are ahead on work and hopefully we should be fine, i left my secretary in charge of emails and calls just in case we get any orders within the hollidays. again thanks to everyone that responded i feel more comfortable now!!:thumb:

mgcustomgraphics

I'm more concerned why 4 men are traveling together for 10 days over the holidays ?? Sounds a little weird to me.... :popcorn: Are you all brothers, or something ??

haha yes gino, youre right on the money like always, well most of the time j.k.
i'm the head of the shop, my brother is the main installer my dad is in charge of quality and design (part time) and a helper wich is a very close family friend, and we are all traveling together to a hopefully nice vacation to mexico!!

odshawaii

You could always fill the cap top with your cleaning solution and soak the printhead during your vacation.

You can do this by performing a "nozzle wash". When the print carriage parks on the cap top to soak, turn off the main power button on the right side. The solution should remain filled in the cap top.

121a

Awesome, I was going to start another thread as we are closing up too for the holidays, got my answers here. I'll see what our CJV30 offers in terms of auto-cleanings.

But to the above poster, IDK if that is the way to do it as the ink needs to flow through the lines, turning off the main power switch is like unplugging the machine. Meaning, ink wouldn't be drawn through the lines.

odshawaii

Awesome, I was going to start another thread as we are closing up too for the holidays, got my answers here. I'll see what our CJV30 offers in terms of auto-cleanings.

But to the above poster, IDK if that is the way to do it as the ink needs to flow through the lines, turning off the main power switch is like unplugging the machine. Meaning, ink wouldn't be drawn through the lines.

True, you are technically unplugging the printer. I can see why some would not be comfortable doing this though.

I've tried both ways and worked fine...