• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 250 Odd lines coming and going.

Stripeman

I have a hair puller. My printer is printing beautiful overall, but sometimes, randomly it will print vertical lines. At this point only the cyan head seems to be firing the line. Whats weird is that the lines gradually fade in and then fade out within 8 or 10 inches. It seems they appear in the same location relative to the encoder strip. Ive cleaned it but it seems to be fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• streaks.jpg
    streaks.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 88
I've seen this occur on various brands of machines, including Mutoh, Mimaki, and Roland. In most cases it is related to the linear encoder strip, or the sensor itself.

TFGC

Stripeman, did you solve this issue? Have a similar issue and have already swapped out a Main Board and both DX5 print head FFCs with no change. Am going to take CS-SignSupply's advice and clean/re-seat the carriage cable first then replace if no better. Am getting a perfect Nozzle Check every once in a while, but VERY rarely. This makes me think there's a connection issue somewhere. Any feedback is appreciated!

Matt